Free import for persons of 19 years or older:
1. 250 grams of tobacco or 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars;
2. 1 bottle of alcoholic beverages;
3. 580 milliliters of perfume;
4. personal effects.
It is advisable to obtain an import permit from the police in advance.
For plants and plant products a phytosanitary certificate is required. For fruits an additional declaration that Xanthomonas citri (Hasse) Dowson does not occur in the country of origin is required.
Free export of a reasonable quantity of tobacco products and alcoholic beverages.
Baggage is cleared at the first airport of entry in Tanzania.
Exempt: baggage of transit passengers with a destination outside of Tanzania.
Residents of Tanzania, Kenya or Uganda may import local currency (Tanzanian Shilling-TZS) up to the amount exported. Non-residents are prohibited of importing local currency. Residents and non-residents may import foreign currencies without restrictions.
- Residents of Tanzania, Kenya or Uganda may export local currency (Tanzanian Shilling-TZS) up to TZS 1,000.
- Non-residents are prohibited of exporting local currency.
- Residents and non-residents may export foreign currencies without restrictions.
Wind: E at 13km/h
Detail & forecast